Jumpstart Your Energy Career
The Pepco Utility Training Program prepares aspiring DC professionals for fulﬁlling careers in the energy and utility ﬁelds.
Specialized training focuses on safety, math, and mechanical skills, as well as work readiness, electrical theory, line work, physical ﬁtness, and other occupation-speciﬁc skills. Participants graduate with industry certiﬁcations including OSHA-10, Flagger, and CPR/First Aid in addition to receiving hands-on training experience in the Utility Training Yard.
Participants enrolled in the 14-week program will receive a stipend throughout the program and have the opportunity to receive a job offer within the energy ﬁeld upon completion.
Watch our video below to hear directly from program participants.
- Veriﬁed District Resident
- 21 years old+
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid D.C. Driver’s License
- Acceptable Pre-Employment Checks
- Criminal Background History
- Driving Record History
- Drug Screening
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to complete the course, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- No prior relevant work experience required
It’s probably the best opportunity I’ve ever been presented—doing something that actually makes a difference is great, especially in the nation’s capital. I’m ready to get started!
DCIA Pepco Utility Training School Graduate
Pepco Utility Training Program Partners
Interested in learning more about the program and the application process?
Join us at an upcoming VIRTUAL information session—held every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00am.